|A Minnesota Problem: Puppy and Kitten Mills
News, Action, and Updates
• EVENT: Animal Folks was at Pet-A-Palooza on June 27 in St. Paul at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds! It was a beautiful day — great weather and people.
• CASE: On December 30, 2014, the MN Supreme Court denied the petition of Dayna Bell for further review of the case. On October 20, 2014, the Court of Appeals affirmed the conviction of dog breeder Dayna Bell (found guilty of 13 felony counts of animal cruelty) — Bell then filed a petition to review with the MN Supreme Court. Read more: Dog Breeder-Dayna Bell
• UPDATE: On June 4, Anthony Sather, a Princeton man who videotaped himself as he killed his girlfriend's dog named Draco, pleaded guilty. Case is in Sherburne County. Sentencing is set for August 17. Below is the original complaint and news links:
• CASE: Learn how cruelty complaints filed by Animal Folks against one dog breeder in Pine River led to an investigation and seizure of 133 dogs/puppies. Rowell was allowed to continue breeding. Update: The MN Board of Animal Health has granted this breeder a state license. READ: Breeder - Rowell
• MN LEGISLATIVE SESSION: Go to: Minnesota State Legislature
Animals make us better humans.