|A Minnesota Problem: Puppy and Kitten Mills
News, Action, and Updates
• EVENT: Animal Folks will have a booth at Grand Ole Days in St. Paul on Grand Avenue on January 7th. Come and visit us! We'll also be at Pet-A-Palooza on June 27 in St. Paul at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
• CASE: On December 30, 2014, the MN Supreme Court denied the petition of Dayna Bell for further review of the case. On October 20, 2014, the Court of Appeals affirmed the conviction of dog breeder Dayna Bell (found guilty of 13 felony counts of animal cruelty) — Bell then filed a petition to review with the MN Supreme Court. Read more: Dog Breeder-Dayna Bell
• UPDATE: Anthony Sather, a Princeton man who videotaped himself as he killed his girlfriend's dog named Draco, pleaded not guilty to all three charges. Sather was charged with 3 felony counts — Counts 1 and 2 are 5th degree drug possession and Count 3 is Animal Torture. Case is in Sherburne County. Court trial set for June 4. Below is the original complaint and news links:
• CASE: Learn how cruelty complaints filed by Animal Folks against one dog breeder in Pine River led to an investigation and seizure of 133 dogs/puppies. Rowell was allowed to continue breeding. Update: The MN Board of Animal Health has granted this breeder a state license. READ: Breeder - Rowell
• MN LEGISLATIVE SESSION: Go to: Minnesota State Legislature
Animals make us better humans.