|Protect animals. Fight cruelty.
News, Action, and Updates
• NO MORE PUPPY MILLS CAMPAIGN: Numerous large-scale commercial dog breeding facilities still operate in Minnesota. Learn more about Minnesota puppy mills by clicking ISSUE.
• ANIMAL CRUELTY TRAINING 2017: On February 22 and 23, 2017, Animal Folks is holding training for veterinarians on their role in cruelty investigations. Held in Minneapolis at the MVMA Convention. If you're a DVM or CVT, register at: Veterinary Training
• VETERINARY MANUAL: Reporting Animal Cruelty. Animal Folks has created a manual to assist veterinarians in Minnesota in setting up clinic protocols to identify and report animal cruelty. A pdf version and information for a printed version are available at: Veterinary Manual.
• DATABANK: Animal Folks is conducting a statewide study of animal cruelty cases in Minnesota with volunteers from 3M Legal Affairs. We are gathering cruelty case documents for analysis. This data will allow us to assess the type of crimes committed, species harmed, sentencing orders, and other factors which can then be used for animal law training and cruelty prevention programs.
• BREEDER LICENSING: As of July 1, 2015, licensure for commercial dog and cat breeders (those who meet the definition per the Commercial Dog and Cat Breeder Law) became mandatory. Link: List of Licensees
MAKING A JUST WORLD FOR ANIMALS